Monday, September 7, 2009

The Monday Recipe Blog

Happy Labor Day, y'all. Here is a true Okie dessert - pecan pie!

Okie Pecan Pie

1/4 c. butter substitute
1 c. sugar
3/4 c. light corn syrup
3 lightly beaten eggs
1 t. vanilla
1 3/4 c. chopped pecans
1 (9 in.) unbaked pie crust

Preheat oven to 350.

Melt butter substitute over low heat, remove. Add sugar and corn syrup, then blend in eggs and vanilla. Add the pecans and pour into the pie shell. Bake 35-40 minutes or until done.

Oklahoma has bunches of pecan trees. Growing up on a ranch, our pecan trees provided a good income for me around November every year. I always had Christmas money, because our trees had enough pecans for the family to use and freeze, and for me to sell at the local farm store, usually for about 40 cents a pound. You could always find my mom and I after school and on the weekends under the trees, picking up pecans until dark. Loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment