- These guys are brilliant (well, for dogs). Mine understands English so well that we had to resort to spelling words such as treat and bone. Now she has learned to spell, so that doesn't work. When we want her to do something such as "go outside", we simply tell her and she walks to the door. A smart dog is an easily-trained dog, and I can't stress enough how important this is.
- They look like fierce little old men. Even when they are pups, and even if they are females. Little old men. They have the eyebrows, moustache and beard going on, and most of them are gray - they just look funny. And then there's the mad glare (which, of course, isn't mad at all). You want to laugh when you see them.
- They don't have that doggy smell. Seriously.
- They don't shed, so they are non-allergenic.
- They have a puppy mentality for a long, long time. Mine still loves to play, and she is over 10. They are mousers, so the very thought of a ball or anything rolling quickly along the ground sends them into a frenzy. Since they are smart, they learn the names of each toy very quickly, and develop strong devotion to their favorites.
Do you agree that Schnauzers are the best dogs, or do you have five reasons why some other dog might be better? Feel free to post!