Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Do You Know How To Iron A Shirt?
A little more about using the iron....Last week's post was about ironing a pair of pants. But do you know how to properly iron a shirt or blouse? I didn't, until I came across this information. So, here we go....
How To Iron A Shirt:
Just simply iron in this order:
1. The trimmings
2. The underside of the collar.
3. The upper side of the collar.
4. The back of the sleeves and cuffs.
5. The front of the sleeves and cuffs.
6. The back of the garment.
7. The front inner facings.
8. And last, the front of the garment.
Hang the blouse up quickly on a hanger, never over a chair.
So, there it is....For all of us who grew up in a permanent press world and never learned to iron, (and who knew that cotton and natural fibers would make such a comeback??), we won't have to feel lost with an iron in our hand anymore....