Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Bring Back The Pickle-O's!

I was reading Territory Mom's great blog the other day ( http://oklahome.blogspot.com/)and ran across a post about the great Sonic food item Pickle-O's.  I decided to join her in a Bring Back The Pickle-O's plea....

Pickle-O's were popular in the 1970's at the Sonic drive-ins.  I first tasted one at the Purcell, Oklahoma Sonic and was immediately hooked.  I have eaten a lot of fried pickles since then, but none even half as tasty as Sonic's version.  Pickle-O's were around for, oh, about 15 years or so, I guess.  At the peak they were available at all Sonics, but then you could only find them at select Sonics, and now I don't think you could find a Sonic that still sells them.

Pickle-O's were about the size of a half-dollar - they were made from dill pickle slices, dipped in batter and fried to perfection.  They were great with a Sonic burger, and we didn't know at the time what we had....until it was gone.

I discovered Pickle-O's again around 1990 or so at the Coalgate Sonic, and my mother, aunt and I were in seventh heaven until they pulled the Pickle-O's off the menu.

Sonic, please bring back the Pickle-O's.  They are 10 times better than your onion rings, and your onion rings are exquisite.  People will love them again!  It's a hot summer - please give us a little relief and reward us with Pickle-O's....

1 comment:

  1. Glorious read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing some research on that. I'd also encourage everybody to bookmark this page to your favorite service to assist spread the word. Thanks

    ReplyDelete