Sometimes you need quick action and you don't have the right medication or the proper name-brand cleaner in your house. Here are a few "in a pinch" remedies using items that are usually in most everyone's cabinet....
1. Splinter - Use your bottle of white Elmer's Glue-All. Pour it on the splinter, let it dry and then peel it off your skin. The splinter should stick to the glue and be pulled right out.
2. Skin blemish - Before bed, cover it with honey and put an adhesive bandage like Band-Aid over it. It should be much better in the morning because the honey speeds healing and kills bacteria. It also keeps the skin sterile.
3. Arthritis in your hands or fingers - Try oatmeal - Mix 2 cups of oats and a cup of water and cook in the microwave for a minute. Let it cool a little, then apply the warm oatmeal to your hands. It provides a soothing relief to arthritis.
4. Broken blister - Pull out the Listerine. Dab it on the blister to disinfect it. Might burn a little, but you're tough, right?
5. Muscle ache from the flu - Horseradish to the rescue! A tablespoon of horseradish mixed with a cup of olive oil provides a terrific massage oil after you let it set for about 30 minutes.
I'll be back in a week or so with a few more home remedies....